We are psyched to be reopening the Castle Climbing Centre main building on the 25th July! This will be a bit different to normal, and we'll be working on a strictly pre-booked, maximum capacity basis.
Climbing at the Castle – How It Will Work
• Strictly limited number of people in the building at any one time
• All climbing will be in Single Visit 2-hour time slots, which MUST be booked in advance online through our booking portal.
• You need to indicate what type of climbing you want to do (top rope, lead, bouldering, or autobelay) to help us manage capacity throughout the centre
• We're changing our opening hours! From Sunday 2nd August, we'll be open weekdays from 8am-10pm, last entry at 8pm, and weekends 9am-8pm, last entry at 6pm.
• A one-way system will be in operation so you can navigate the centre whilst social distancing
• Face masks must be worn inside whenever you are not climbing or belaying
(e.g. at Reception or walking between areas using the one-way system)
• The Café and Shop will be moved into a separate building, with a temporary kiosk selling the essentials for the time being
Thank you in advance for your help and co-operation to make these changes work for the safety of your fellow climbers and our staff
Please Note: You must ALSO fill in an Acknowledgement of Risk Form in addition to booking your slot
This is for everyone, even regular Castle climbers! You can sign it in advance. If not, you will have to do it on the door.
Need to Cancel?
You can cancel your booking up to 48 hours beforehand for a full refund. You'll need to email us.
Novices and U18s
If you're bringing an U18 or someone who has never climbed before, you will need to fill in a novice supervision form in addition to booking through this system.
Looking for a Climbing Course?
For all our climbing courses, you'll need to visit our website directly.
Full Terms & Conditions available on our website
We collect your data through this portal to be able to send you your booking confirmation. Please see our GDPR policy for more info. Data Privacy